Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goodbye to 2012

Last year "magic" was one of my words for the year and I never guessed how much it would change my life and what a magical year this would be. It's fitting December's going out in a bang of glitter and lights. 

Flickr photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/eych/6558028829/

At the Garden we organized an epic Winter Solstice Festival, with communities coming together to dance and drum, drink tea, listen to music, make art and of course watch the lighting of the lanterns (real candles! the Garden was full of them).

 Shortly after the festival there was a power outage further complicated by the Holidays and I've been on call with alarms, security and electrical issues since, with Christmas being a welcome break. Today is the first day I breathe out in about a week and I'm enjoying the 'cosyness' and sharing some of the glitter. I hope your 2012 is filled abundantly with memories and that 2013 brings you light and love.


2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

oh so pretty!
Much light and love for 2013, Shayla.

Tracy said...

LOVE all the light & magic glow here, Shayla! And I love Winter Solstice festivals/parties like this you show. I missed going to one this year. The weather has been nasty here too. Glad you are having some slow-down time after some busy days, and time to reflect on the year. 2012 has been an incredible one for. I'm so happy that these are shining days for you now! It is always joy to be here to share life & art with you! :o) Wishing you all the very best in 2013, my friend! ((LOVE & HUGS))